Information Sessions and Workshops
Kidsafe WA offers a variety of workshops on road safety and child car restraints. To enquire about any of Kidsafe WA’s workshops click make an online enquiry.
Road safety training and workshops currently offered by Kidsafe WA:
- Baby Safety Seminars – these sessions provide expectant parents with information on safety considerations when preparing for
your baby’s arrival, including setting the home up and transporting baby safely. Sessions are conducted at Kidsafe WA once a month for
expectant parents. Click here for more information.
- Back to Basics: Transporting Children Safely on Every Trip – these 3 hours sessions are structured to provide a 1 hour child car restraint update covering why we need child car restraints, importance of correctly installing and adjusting them for each child, overview of legislation and standards and then a 2 hour practical skills session giving participants the opportunity to select, adjust and install the organisations restraints into vehicles they use for service delivery. Workshop cost is $495 - maximum 10 participants per session.
- Choosing and Using Child Car Restraints – suitable for parents and retailers. This session which runs for 30min to 1 hour covers how to choose and use child car restraints for safely transporting children in line with current legislation and Australian standards. The session addresses the most common questions asked by parents on passenger safety. Workshop cost is $110 per session.
**NB: This workshop does not give you a qualification. To be eligible to host this session in your workplace, you must have at least 1 staff member who is an authorised Type 1 child car restraints installer to provide ongoing support internally.
**NB: For individuals interested in this workshop please contact Kidsafe WA for more information.
- Child Car Restraint Education Workshop – suitable for Child Care, Family Day Care or anyone who has to transport children as part of their job role who use a specific fleet of vehicles and limited makes & models of restraints. This one day workshop will provide staff with the knowledge and skills to install and select suitable child car restraints from a specific range of restraints for transporting children in their care. Workshop cost is $220pp.
**NB:This workshop does not enable you to be registered as a Type 1 child car restraint installer but can be delivered as an accredited
workshop, aligned with the single unit of competency RSCICR301A.
- 52778WA Course in Type 1 Child Car Restraint Fitting – suitable for individuals who wish to become a nationally recognised Type 1 Child Car Restraint Installer. To find out more about this training click here.